We strongly believe in respecting the environment and the ecosystem in which we operate. For this reason, we carry out our business taking into consideration the protection of the environment and the need for a sustainable use of natural resources, in compliance with the provisions of current legislation. Our business requires careful management of so-called WEEE (Waste Electronic and Electrical Equipment) for which the we have defined a specific procedure.

Waste management

As a distributor of electrical and electronic equipment, Unieuro falls under the legislative obligations of Legislative Decree no. 121/2016 and 49/2014, which regulate the conduct of free collection of electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE).
The management of this waste has been entrusted to an external company that deals with the collection and disposal of waste.

10,577 tons

Total weight of WEEE disposed of in 2018

3,577 tons

Recycled waste

Energy consumption and emissions

Given the nature of our business, the management of energy consumption emissions is not a high risk factor. However, we are committed to concrete initiatives to reduce our environmental impact.
In 82 stores we have activated energy efficiency initiatives, which have produced significant savings in resources.
of consumption
We have reduced energy consumption thanks to the new lighting and climate control systems installed.
of energy consumption
We have installed building automation systems to manage all the systems in our buildings in an integrated way.
Our subsidiary, Monclick, is based in a building with low environmental impact certified "LEED platinum", the highest level of the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design ecological assessment system. In addition to certification, the HQ is equipped with systems to improve and optimize energy consumption.

Consumption of resources

In light of the nature of our business, the consumption of commodities is substantially limited to the outsourced production and distribution of promotional flyers.

We use promotional material manufactured by some of the main paper mills Elemental Chlorine Free (ECF) certified, that do not use organic elemental chlorine in the whitening phase. Materials contain on average 40% of recycled fibre, while the remaining 60% comes from cellulose obtained from forests managed according to the PEFC (Programme for Endorsement of Forest Certification schemes) and FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) standards.

290 million

copies of advertising material
distributed in FY 2018/19
20 million less
compared to previous FY

-4,840 kg

in paper consumption
compared to previous FY

Qualitative and quantitative information provided refers to Unieuro consolidated performance in the Fiscal Year ended on 28 February 2019, in accordance with the Consolidate Non-Financial Statement.